Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Apples

We have an apple theme in the classroom this week.  On Friday we will be having "Apple Day" where student will bring in apples and we will do all kinds of fun activities with apples.  I will post pictures later this week.

Here are a couple of projects we have been working on:


We made these mosaic apples, but they didn't turn out how I wanted.  I made the apples too big and the strips of paper too small.  They didn't have enough time to fill in the whole apple.  These were about 8" wide.  Too big!  Next time I will make about a 5" apple or have larger strips of paper for the kids to rip.
 
This is our Seasons of the Apple Tree book.  With our apple unit we talk about the seasons and what they look and feel like.  We then related it back to what an apple tree would look like and make this book.  There is a poem that goes along with it.
 
 
I stand bare in wintertime, in the cold gray light
 
 And wait for spring to come to me, with bloom of pink and white.
 
 In summertime I wear green leaves, and soak up sunshine's heat.
 
 
 So in the fall my limbs bow low, with apples crisp and sweet.
 
 
 Random:
Here is one my centers this week which is great for names and fine motor.  The students punch out dots using a hole puncher and then glue them into their name outlines.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 photo sihnatureagain_zps9d307b1b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment