Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Room is Ready!

Well today I made my trip to my classroom to set up my room.  I'm getting a little better at this each year.  I'm hoping not to go back until the first day of school.  I live about 35 mins from my school so I try to do as much as I can from home.  I have to say I was a little depressed when I thought about how awesome some of the classrooms are on other teachers blogs.  I have absolutely no storage (not even a closet) so it's hard for me to make my room look as amazing as others.  Not to mention I have a very small classroom with fixtures that are older than I am.  So for all of you disappointed by your old stuff and lack of space, I'm with you!  I did take a couple pics of some of the things in my room I do like.

 
Here's my Kissing Hand that I do on the first few days of school.  The students will put their heart hand print (with a kiss) around the bulletin board.  They are really excited about their first kindergarten art project of making their own hand print.  I also found these great math center games- for free- at the TPT store, Have Fun in Kinder.
 
These are great.-
On a side note, she also has this great brown bear game, which I also do at the beginning of the school year. 
 
I always like showing the video of the book on my SMART board as well.  You can find it on YouTube Just click the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXT1ANWka4A.
 
 
Since my room is the "shark" room, it is decorated in a fish/ocean theme.  I found these cute little fish at Dollar Tree which I added to the library area and though they were super cute!
 
I didn't take many pics today because I was so focused on getting my room done in one day.  I pretty well achieved that goal, with a lot of help from my mom.  Tomorrow I'm going to be looking up more Chicka Chicka Boom Boom games, and possibly making a few, so I will post those ASAP
 
 


 photo sihnatureagain_zps9d307b1b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment